Diamonds may be the hardest substance known to man, but they can still be damaged or dulled. Christopher’s offers free prong and stone inspection and free ultrasonic cleaning on all diamond purchases. In between your visits, Christopher’s Fine Jewelry offers these tips:
- Don’t jumble your jewelry around together or with other pieces, because diamonds can scratch other jewelry and each other.
- Keep your diamond jewelry in a fabric-lined jewelry case or in a box with compartments or dividers.
- Don’t wear your diamonds when doing rough work. Even though a diamond is durable, it can be chipped by a hard blow.
- Clean your diamonds regularly using either commercial jewelry cleaner, a mix of ammonia and water, or mild detergent. Dip the jewelry into the solution, and use a soft brush to dislodge dust or dirt from under the setting.
- Don’t let your gold or silver jewelry come into contact with chlorine bleach or other chemicals because they can pit and/or discolor the mounting.